To maintain your CMAA certification, you’ll need to renew it every two years. This will ensure employers you are continuing your education in the field.
Medical administrative assistants are essential team members at hospitals, doctor’s offices, outpatient facilities, and clinics. They are responsible for the following duties:
- Accomplishing office tasks
- Using office software and equipment
- Managing operation reports
- Answering calls and scheduling appointments
- Updating patient electronic medical records
- Greeting and intaking patients
- Verifying patient or donor identity
As advancements in medical technology rise, more employers are requiring national certification in the administrative field each year.
Medical Administrative Assistant Program Page: https://npscerts.com/certified-medical-administrative-assistant-cmaa/